Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of essential oils, which may benefit the health of mind, body and spirit. Essential oils have individual healing properties and a good example of this is the decongestant properties of eucalyptus. Other oils may be prized for their anti-depressant properties or their analgesic (painkilling) properties, for example and most oils have more than one therapeutic use.
“The way to health is to have an aromatic bath and aHippocrates
scented massage every day”
What Can I Expect During a Treatment?
After your consultation which tells me of any health conditions you have, I will select the essential oils which could most benefit your condition. If the blend of oils appeal to you, this will be used for your massage. A course of treatments may often be recommended.
Your dignity is maintained at all times and areas which are not being directly worked on will be kept covered. For clients who are nervous or sensitive the massage can be taken in gradual steps over a period of time to allow trust to build, with you the client remaining in control at all times. For those with less time to spare, shorter treatments can concentrate on areas such as the back, or the arms, face and shoulders. If there are areas that you would rather not be massaged, please inform me and I can adapt the treatment. Most people find massage to be a soothing, relaxing experience.
Standard Aromatherapy Full Body Massage
Areas massaged are the legs, arms, top of the chest, shoulders and back.
Luxury Top to Toe Massage
1 hour and 30 minutes
Areas massaged are the feet and the face, as well as the legs, arms, top of the chest, shoulders and back.
Aroma Reiki ~ A Special Treat
1 hour 45 mins
A top to toe massage which finishes with Reiki – a special luxury treatment for the client who never wants to get up after an aromatherapy massage is finished!
Hand and Arm Massage
This may be suitable for those who are interested in trying massage, but a little hesitant.
Focusing on the back, this can benefit those who suffer from tension or aching muscles.
The Potential Benefits of Aromatherapy Massage
- Stress Relief
- Stimulates circulation
- Detoxification & Lymph Drainage
- Emotional & Mental Benefits
- Touch/Contact benefits
- Stimulates immune system & increases resistance to disease
- Allergy Relief
- Removal of lactic acid
- Promoting healthier skin
After Your Treatment
- In order to allow the oils to be fully absorbed it is preferable not to bathe or shower for at least 12 hours after your treatment. This will help to maximise their therapeutic benefits.
- Some oils such as citrus oils bergamot, mandarin, orange and lemon have what is known as a phototoxic effect. Please do not expose your skin to the sunlight for 24-48 hours after your treatment if one of these oils has been used as it may cause a skin irritation.
- Avoid driving long distances or operate machinery.
- Drink adequate water as this will aid detoxification. The guidelines are 2-3 litres of water consumed over the course of a day.
- Avoid alcohol & smoking for at least 12 hours after your treatment to allow your body time to detoxify.
- Eat a light meals for the rest of the day so that your body can focus on the healing benefits of the massage, rather than digestion.